Is conventional advertising partly responsible for most small business owners going broke? How long does it take to realize that you have been dupe? Small business owners are constantly looking for new ways to attract new clients and retain the one’s they already possess.
Conventional wisdom tells us if you take the same steps as other people in business you will obtain the same results. I’ve found that to be illogical.
In the end, I truly believe small business owners must be smart and discover the most effective marketing strategy to achieve the most results in the least amount of time. Your strategic marketing plan is going to be determined by your area of expertise, budget, marketing channel, client, demographic, etc.
There are three reasons why conventional advertising fails and why direct response advertising is far more effective.
1. Conventional advertising focuses on what the product or service is instead of focusing on what it does. In a nutshell, sell the solution, not the ingredients. Let your clients know how there products or service will change or enhance there lives.
Are you selling a physical fitness program for men?
Talk about the possibilities of how they will feel and look using the program. Don’t talk about the workouts involved in getting fit. Tell the men how women will see them as being much more attractive and sexier being physically fit.
2. Conventional advertising talks too much about you, the advertiser and not much about what you can do for the client or customers. To be honest, clients don’t care about you. There favorite subject is themselves…period!
They don’t know you and could care less about you. Your trying to get some money from them and they want solutions to there problems. I’ve met many people like this and I don’t like being around them. In my opinion, these types of people are parasites so I try to avoid them.
Most of the time, people that talk and think about themselves entirely too much don’t even notice. It’s kind of the same thing when an advertiser spends all the time talking about themselves, and turns around expecting you to give them money.
Are you following me?
3. And lastly, don’t hide your weaknesses or flaws. We all have them. Our flaws can sometimes turnout to make us seem unique or mysterious in the marketplace. Being different is GENIUS and same is LAME.
Expose your weaknesses and explain it. Your client or customers will trust you much more. Conventional advertising ignores weaknesses. Trust is going to be your biggest hurdle and you will be off to a great start.
Latest posts by by Lopaze (see all)
- This Is Marketing - November 17, 2018
- My First 20,000 Subscribers on Youtube In 14 Months (Use This For Your Business) - October 30, 2018
- 4 Ways to Avoid Being Sued for False Advertising - May 4, 2017
- How to navigate networking events and leave a lasting impression - April 28, 2017